About Team Kids
Area of Service: Children located in Orange County, California
Ages Served: Elementary, Middle, and High School students
School-based Programs: 4-Week Challenge Program for Elementary Schools: Hunger; Poverty; Literacy; Environment
School-based Statistics: More than 30,000 public school students have completed the month-long Team Kids Challenge, raising and donating more than $300,000 worth of donations to local non-profits who support children and families
Community-based Programs: Special Community Events include Lemon-Aid Stands to raise donations for children in need, such as California fire victims; Earth Day Service Project; Martin Luther King Day Project; and the Mexico City Project to show our young people how much we all have in common, no matter our circumstances.
Community Partnerships: Team Kids has formed close partnerships with schools in Irvine and Newport-Mesa, as well as with community leaders, Public Safety partners (Police and Fire), and local non-profits.
Year Founded: 2001
Team Kids is also led by a passionate and esteemed Board of Directors.
Mail: 2192 Martin, Suite 280, Irvine, CA 92612
WHY TEAM KIDS?
- The mission of Team Kids is to inspire and empower young people to become resilient and responsible citizens with a passion for community service.
- Young people crave the opportunity to participate and to feel they truly matter in their school and community. Ultimately, Team Kids’ mission is to inspire today’s youth to become compassionate leaders and philanthropists of tomorrow.
- Team Kids helps kids, and adults, realize the power and capacity young people have to improve conditions and the lives of others in their community.
- Since 2001, over 21,000 Team Kids participants in Orange County public schools have contributed over $200,000 in value to local youth-serving charities.
- A pre-post evaluation conducted by WestEd, a leading educational research firm, has demonstrated this program’s effectiveness for promoting positive identity, community engagement, and prevention of high-risk behaviors, such as alcohol/drug use, early pregnancy, and violent behavior.
WHAT DOES TEAM KIDS DO?
- Team Kids implements innovative school-based and community-wide service-learning programs for children, to inspire youth as positive change agents.
- The Team Kids Challenge Program is a nationally-recognized, innovative school-based educational service program that empowers students as community leaders, as they work alongside police, firefighters, and Team Kids staff to help others.
- Through participating in programs, or volunteering in community events, Team Kids’ participants develop the values and skills that enable them to make positive choices in their own lives, while making a difference in the lives of others.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT TEAM KIDS?
HOW TO SUPPORT TEAM KIDS